Thursday 16 May 2019

The Ballad of Heartfelt Desire


The Ballad of Heartfelt Desire
Dedicated to Richard Miller on his 70th birthday 13 April 2018
I sat still, a little child,
Spread myself across the air,
I knew that I was so vast,
Beyond that speck down there.
More than body, more than mind,
More than a tinge of fear,
More than girl, more than a child
Who let go a lonely tear.
Couldn’t climb or run as fast
Couldn’t throw or catch a ball
Couldn’t add or multiply
And my hair wouldn’t take a curl.
A lesser body and lesser mind
And a growing bunch of fears
That I was just not good enough
And freely ran the tears.
Scarcely knew how deep I yearned
To know myself as vast as space
And so much more than belief and fear,
To be still in a state of grace.
Deep gratitude to the teacher dear
Who unlocked my heart to its goal,
The boundaries are blurring now
To the vast non-separate soul.

Tina Shettigara© 2018


No comments:

Post a Comment